The DARCO OrthoWedge® is clinically proven to reduce weight bearing pressure on the forefoot which promotes faster healing after surgery, trauma or when forefoot wounds or ulcerations are present.
Product Demonstration Video:
(click below to expand)
- 15° Wedge Sole effectively shifts body weight to the midfoot and heel. Reduces forefoot pressure by as much as 57%!
- Square Toe Design acts as a bumper to protect the toes when k-wires are present and provides better Left/Right fit.
- Ankle Strap seats foot firmly in shoe to reduce heel slippage and eliminate friction.
- Removable Forefoot Closure provides security while eliminating buckle pressure.
- Zoned Outsole has an aggressive tread under the mid-foot where traction is needed most.
- Removable Insole features twice the padding of standard insoles and can be modified as needed. Insole can be totally removed to accommodate DARCO’s innovative Peg Assist™ (PQ Series) customizable off-loading insole.
57% Reduction in Metatarsal Head Pressure
Peak Pressure drops from 19PSI to 8PSI
75% Reduction in Great Toe Pressure
Peak Pressure drops from 17PSI to 4PSI
- Post Surgical healing
- Forefoot trauma
- Wounds or ulcerations present under metatarsal heads and toes.
- Any situation that requires a pressure off-load of the forefoot.
||Women’s Shoe Size
||Men’s Shoe Size
||4 - 7
||7.5 - 10
||6 - 8
||10.5 - 13
||8.5 - 10
||10.5 - 12
||12.5 - 14
A Time Tested Option
Incidences of diabetes are at an all time high with the level of newly reported cases up a staggering 48% in the last 10 years*. In many cases, the resulting neuropathic limbs mean that diabetic ulcers on the feet are a distinct and very dangerous possibility. Since pressure and abrasion are the enemies of wound care, the OrthoWedge® is designed to naturally reduce the number of steps taken by the patient while still allowing them to ambulate when necessary. The OrthoWedge® has been tested under fire in both clinical and real world settings and continues to produce outstanding results. When forefoot off-loading is required to allow wounds/ulcerations under the metatarsal heads and toes to heal, nothing beats the OrthoWedge®.
When used alone, the OrthoWedge® Healing Shoe reduces forefoot pressure by as much as 57% and peak pressure is reduced by as much as 75% under the Great Toe! But when combined with our innovative PQ Series Peg-Assist™ customizable insole you can achieve astounding localized pressure relief without the risk of edge abrasion or ring edema present in other off-loading methods.
The Peg-Assist™ insole’s PORON® Cushioning cover minimizes friction while the closed cell Platazote® layer absorbs shock and comfortably conforms to the foot.
* Baronski, Sharon & Ayello, Elizabeth A Wound Care Essentials
Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2008
PORON is a licensed trademark of Rogers Corporation.
Request a Sample
(*Offer extended to MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS in the continental United States Only. Limit one.)