The DARCO OrthoWedge® is clinically proven to reduce weight bearing pressure on the forefoot which promotes faster healing after surgery, trauma or when forefoot wounds or ulcerations are present.
Features and Benefits
- Reduces forefoot pressure by as much as 57%!
- Square-toe design acts as a bumper to protect the toes.
- Ankle strap seats foot firmly in shoe to reduce heel slippage and eliminate friction.
- Removable forefoot closure eliminates buckle pressure.
- Zoned outsole has an aggressive tread under the midfoot.
- EVA insole features twice the padding of standard insoles and can be modified as needed.
- Post Surgical healing
- Forefoot trauma
- Wounds or ulcerations present under metatarsal heads and toes.
- Any situation that requires a pressure off-load of the forefoot.
|Size||Women’s Shoe Size||Men’s Shoe Size||Catalog Number|
|X-Small||4 - 7||-||OQ0B|
|Small||7.5 - 10||6 - 8||OQ1B|
|Medium||10.5 - 13||8.5 - 10||OQ2B|
|Large||13 +||10.5 - 12||OQ3B|
|X-Large||-||12.5 - 14||OQ4B|
- Body Armor® Toe Guard (BATGQ)
PegAssist™ Insole System (PQ)
A Time Tested Option
Incidences of diabetes are at an all time high with the level of newly reported cases up a staggering 48% in the last 10 years*. In many cases, the resulting neuropathic limbs mean that diabetic ulcers on the feet are a distinct and very dangerous possibility. Since pressure and abrasion are the enemies of wound care, the OrthoWedge® is designed to naturally reduce the number of steps taken by the patient while still allowing them to ambulate when necessary. The OrthoWedge® has been tested under fire in both clinical and real world settings and continues to produce outstanding results. When forefoot off-loading is required to allow wounds/ulcerations under the metatarsal heads and toes to heal, nothing beats the OrthoWedge®.
Need Targeted Off-Loading? Add a Peg-Assist™ Insole
When used alone, the OrthoWedge® Healing Shoe reduces forefoot pressure by as much as 57% and peak pressure is reduced by as much as 75% under the Great Toe! But when combined with our innovative PQ Series Peg-Assist™ customizable insole you can achieve astounding localized pressure relief without the risk of edge abrasion or ring edema present in other off-loading methods.
The Peg-Assist™ insole’s PORON® Cushioning cover minimizes friction while the closed cell Platazote® layer absorbs shock and comfortably conforms to the foot.
* Baronski, Sharon & Ayello, Elizabeth A Wound Care Essentials
Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2008
PORON is a licensed trademark of Rogers Corporation.